Current AY: 2022/23
I’m teaching CS1007 Computer System Fundamentals in Semester 1, and CS4202 Computer Architecture in Semester 2.
If you need to get in touch with me in relation to my teaching activities, try and ping me on Teams in the first instance, or send me an email.
- 2021/22: CS4202 - Computer Architecture
When I worked at the University of Edinburgh, I taught Operating Systems and The Internet of Things: Systems, Security, and the Cloud. For the OS course, I developed a new OS from scratch (in C++) to aid with teaching: https://github.com/tspink/infos.
If you want to study for a PhD with me, please get in touch! I’m looking for students in the area of virtualisation, dynamic binary translation, just-in-time compilation, and dynamic language runtimes.
- Ferdia McKeogh (PhD)
- Kimberley Stonehouse (PhD, co-supervised with Björn Franke, University of Edinburgh)
- Martin Kristien (PhD, co-supervised with Björn Franke, University of Edinburgh)
- Raven Szewczyk (PhD, co-supervised with Antonio Barbalace, University of Edinburgh)
- Joe Bailey (BSc Hons.): Remote Control-flow Attestation
- Scott Jones (MSci Hons.): Native Shared Libraries in a DBT
- Alexandre Kings (BSc Hons.): Generating BRIO layouts
- Amy Mason (BSc Hons.): Parsing Formal Arm ISA semantics
- Anurag Suresh (BSc Hons.): Direct I-cache Injection for JITted code
- Robbie Wallace (MSci Hons.): Reconstructing Guest Control Flow in a DBT
- James Renwick (MSc 2018)
- Wenqing Zhong (MSc 2020, co-supervised with Björn Franke, University of Edinburgh)
- Robert Lamacraft (MSc 2020)
- Yashvi Chawla (MSc 2020)
- Kimberley Stonehouse (BEng Hons. 2021)
- Kuba Kaszyk (PhD 2021, co-supervised with Björn Franke, University of Edinburgh)
- Silver Campbell (MInf 2022, co-supervised with Björn Franke, University of Edinburgh)
- Ferdia McKeogh (BSc Hons. 2022, co-supervised with Al Dearle)
- Alex Sequeira (MSc 2022)
- Dmitry Voronetskiy (MSc 2022)
- Jamie Munro (MSc 2022)